Meeting of Steering Committee of Statistical Support Project in Lebanon in cooperation with Central Administration of Statistics, Italian National Institute of Statistics
The Steering Committee of the Statistical Support Project in Lebanon on Thursday held its first meeting in the offices of Lebanon's Central Administration of Statistics (CAS) in Hadath, under the chairmanship of CAS General Director, Maral Tutelian, and in the presence of the Director of the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation in Lebanon, as well as representatives of the Agency's office in Rome and the Italian National Institute of Statistics (ISTAT).
It is noteworthy that this project is supported by the CAS and is funded by the Italian government, through the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, over a three-year stint.
A statement issued by both sides said that the total value of the project's donation is Euros 733411, and is distributed as follows:
First: Information equipment.
Second: Technical assistance directly administered by the ISTAT as follows:
- Developing the institutional framework of the Central Administration of Statistics.
- Improving the performance of the computer and information center.
- Introducing the SDMX tool (Statistical Data and Metadata eXchange) to facilitate the exchange of statistical information among the producers of all statistical data in Lebanon.
- New GIS methodologies used in statistical work.
- Institutional planning and computerization of transactions.
- Improving the quality of social statistics.
These activities are to be carried out through a number of short-term missions by experts from the ISTAT to provide technical assistance in the aforementioned fields and to train the staff of the CAS.
Source: National News Agency