PRESIDENT RECEIVES CREDENTIALS OF SWEDISH, CHINESE, PHILIPPINES’ AMBASSADORS
Baabda Palace witnessed a credential reception, today by President of the Republic, General Michel Aoun, of three new Ambassadors accredited to Lebanon. Ambassadors are: Ambassador of the Kingdom of Sweden, Mrs. ANN DISMORR, Chinese Ambassador, Mr. Qian Minjian, and Philippines’ Ambassador, Raymond Reyes Balatbat.
The presentation of the credentials was attended by Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants Zina Aker, Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Hani Shmaitili, Director General of Protocols at the Presidential Palace, Dr. Nabil Shedid, and Director of Protocols at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ms. Abeer Ali.
Upon the successive arrival of Ambassadors to the Presidential Palace, the approved ceremonies were held. The army's music played the anthem of the country represented by each Ambassador, while the flag of his country was raised on the mast of the Palace alongside the Lebanese flag.
Then, each Ambassador saluted the flag, before entering the October 22 salon in the middle of two rows of spears, and from there to the Ambassadors’ salon, where each Ambassador presented his credentials and the members of the diplomatic mission, to President Aoun.
Upon their departure, after presenting the credentials, the army music played the Lebanese national anthem.
Ambassadors conveyed to President Aoun the greetings of their Presidents, and wished him success in his national responsibilities, assuring him to work to strengthen relations between Lebanon and their countries.
For his part, the President conveyed his greetings to the ambassadors and their heads of state, wishing them success in their new diplomatic missions.
Ambassador of the Kingdom of Sweden, Mrs. ANN DISMORR:
- Joined her country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 1981, and has headed the mission of her country's embassy in Lebanon since September 2020.
-Assumed the position of Director of the Middle East and North Africa Department between 2015-2020.
- Assumed the position of diplomatic advisor to the Swedish special envoy to peace negotiations between the Israelis and the Palestinians.
- In 2008, she published a book about Turkey and its relations with Europe and the Middle East. From 2012-2014, she held the position of Director of UNRWA in Lebanon.
- Fluctuated in several positions, including her country's ambassador to Somalia, Rwanda, Burundi, Seychelles and Comoros.
-Held the position of Head of the International Department of the Swedish Parliament between 2006 and 2009.
- Worked as a consultant to her country's mission to the United Nations in Geneva, between 1995-1999, and was concerned with human rights.
-Holds a Ph.D. from Yale University in Political Science, and a Bachelor of Arts from Stockholm University.
-Written numerous articles m in a number of major international newspapers.
Ambassador of China, Mr. Qian Minjian:
-Born in Zhejiang Province in 1975.
-Holds a master's degree in law.
-Fluctuated in several positions, as he worked as an employee in his country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs between 1997-1998.
- Appointed attache to the Chinese Embassy in Lebanon between 1998-2002
-Held the position of attaché, then third secretary, and deputy head of a department in the West Asia and North Africa Department of the Chinese Foreign Ministry between 2002-2006.
-Appointed as an advisor at his country's embassy in the United States of America between 2013-2015.
- Appointed as an advisor and head of department in the West Asia and North Africa Department in his country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs between 2015-2019, before he was appointed as Deputy Director General of the West Asia and North Africa Department in the same ministry since 2019.
Philippine Ambassador RAYMOND REYES BALATBAT:
-Holds a Bachelor's degree in Arts, Department of English Language and Literature, from the College of Arts and Languages of the University of the Philippines.
-Holds a master's degree in national security management from the National Defense College of the same university.
-Fluctuated in several management positions.
-Appointed between 1999-2002 as Third Secretary and Deputy Consul at his country's embassy in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
-Between 2003-2005, he was appointed second secretary and consul of his country's embassy in Indonesia.
-Between 2008-2011, he was appointed first secretary and general consul of his country's embassy in Brunei.
-Between 2014-2016, he was appointed director of the Southern Europe Department of the European Affairs Department in his country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
-Since 2017, he has held the position of Executive Director of the Middle East and Africa Office in his country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Source: National News Agency